The Short Version:
- We will not share your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes. Any promotional messages that you receive as a result of providing your personal information to GoFreebies will be sent by GoFreebies. This may be done on behalf of an advertiser, however your information will not be shared or given to marketers. If your information is shared with third parties, it will be shared only to provide our basic website service to you, such as our newsletter service. Your information will not be shared with any third party who does not protect or dispose of your information in accordance with our own policy. The only exception to this policy is during registration - your information is shared safely with our trusted partner to display a sponsored advertisement to you. If you choose not to accept the offer, your information will not be used any further by this partner.
- You can opt out of promotional mails here. You can opt out of everything here. You can contact us here
GoFreebies is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
GoFreebies may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 12/15/2007.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, gender, preferences and interests
- Site usage information such as searches, offer clicks, offer votes
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. These emails will be clearly labeled and only sent to you if you have expressly requested to receive our partner bonus mails on our website
- We may use the information to provide special offers or services to you. In every case, you will be complete control as to whether or not you want to participate in such offers.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over the content of other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Advertisements on our website
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, do not check to receive partner bonus messages or our newsletter. If you choose not to receive our newsletter, you will also be opted out of our daily prize drawing
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us here. You may also automatically opt out using here
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to
PO Box 10526
Raleigh, NC 27605
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.